Thursday 23 January 2014

"ROSE" Lindys stamp gang January color challenge




Wow how beautiful are these colors in the Lindy's stamp gang "January color challenge".
  They remind me of a frosty winter morning.

Here's my creation based on the color board.


I created the background by using a brick stencil and modelling paste.  Once dry I gave the whole lot a coat with white gesso.  After it had dried for a couple of hours I sprayed, and sprayed and sprayed.
The colors used are:

Once they had dried I went back over the bricks and highlighted some edges with white puff paint.  I then went back over some of the puff paint with the sprays using a paint brush dipped in the bottle to get a really concentrated look.  I also coated the "prima" butterfly with the Buccaneer Bay Blue, you can see the gorgeous blue shimmer shining through.

I cut a heap of different paper and then distressed the edges, highlighted with walnut stain and sewed the edges.  I then stacked them on top of each other, twisting and turning, adding lace, material and cheeese cloth.
I wanted the stack to like the book in the photo.





I created all the flowers by hand, they were cut on the silhouette cameo, as well as the twigs and branches.
The flowers were also randomly coated with puff paint and glitter.










You can see in this photo the concentrated spray.






This is the photo that I used found on pinterest.



Thanks for looking.  :D






No comments:

Post a Comment