Sunday 19 January 2014

"Smile" Scrap around the world Janaury Challenge



This scrap around the world mood board is gorgeous, loving all the soft pinks, blues and turquoise.

For this challenge I used a photo of my DD when she was 2. In the original photo her face is so grubby, which is normal, but as a black and white you can't notice as much.



The base is white card stock, coated with gesso, sprayed lightly with glimmer mist - black cherry and dylusions - vibrant turquoise and then blended again with gesso and a sponge brush.
Over the top I used a prima circle lattice stencil.
The outer border is card stock with "clear scraps" - dragonfly 6x6 stencil, and then lightly fingerpainted with gesso to tone it down a little.
The middle is cardstock cut on my silhouette cameo with the nested frames shapes, I then pearled the outside edge with liquid pearls - opal white.

The lace, raffia, lettering is from my stash.  The pearl strips I made with sculpey clay using a kaisercraft stamp, and then painting with white gesso and lightly highlighting with distress ink, before gluing on the pearls.


The butterflies are Kaisercraft stamps used with ink pads, versa magic perfect plumeria and turqouise gem.

The flowers were cut on the cameo, files are: 3d lori whitlock roseFlowers 4 from birds cards, the pink flowers are from another file I made based on "cherry lynn cuties 4 and the white roses are from my stash that I made a while ago.

Looking forward to seeing lots more entries for the mood board, its so soft and dreamy.  
Till next time, chow!!

6 comments:

  1. So lovely. love the colours. Beautiful.layout x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty page and I love your beautiful flower cluster and perfect colour choice. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at SATW this month. You do need to link up "Scrap Around The World" to the challenge on the SATW blog tho, if you want to be eligible for a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, I have now fixed the link. thanks for the head up :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fantastic page!!!!
    Thanks you so much for playing with us at Scrap Around The World

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL PAGE AND AMAZING PHOTO!!!THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG WITH US AT SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a sweet and beautiful LO!! the photo is fabulous!! thanks for joining us at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete